Overberg Water Board General Workers REF NO.: OWGW0001
Oberberg Water Board is looking for a physical fit candidate to apply for the available General Workers job. The job is available on contract and the salary is R6500.00 Monthly.
Location Bredasdorp, Western Cape, South Africa; Riebeek West, Western Cape, South Africa; Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa; Helderstroom, Western Cape, South Africa; Brandvlei, Western Cape, South Africa
Overberg Water requires 5 General Workers for general maintenance, ground keeping and housekeeping at various water treatment and wastewater treatment plants within Western Cape.
- 1 x Bredasdorp Air Force Base
- 1 x Brandvlei Correctional Facility
- 1 x Paardeberg Correctional Facility
- 1 x Riebeeck West Correctional Facility
- 1 x Helderstroom Correctional Facility
General work, Ground keeping, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Water and Sanitation.
- Grade 12 or Matric and/or relevant training
- Unendorsed code B driver’s licence
- Excellent communication, writing and people skills
- Ensuring ethical standards adherence to statutory requirements of all legislations
- Willingness to work shifts/standby and physical fits, weekend, holidays
- Minimum of six(6) months experience as a general worker preferably in water facilities
The candidate must be familiar with Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Mathematics Literacy, Small Maintenance Skills.Good verbal and written communication. Health and safety basic skills.
- Quality orientated
- Daily Plant Maintenance skills
- Attention to details and quality
- Ability to read, interpret and convey manual and electronic data i.e: meters gauges, data loggers etc
- Assist with general maintenance, ground keeping, housekeeping of premises
- Handling and transportation of water quality samples, chemicals and other heavy materials or equipment.
- Complete work procedures forms, time-sheets, stock-sheets, log-sheets, job cards, and other associated reporting forms
- Assist with pipe-bursts, cleaning of reservoirs, sediment tanks and filters.
- Clearing, processing and disposal of grass, reedbeds, sludge and other foliage or waste
- General cleaning and maintenance of the purification plant, scheme offices and buildings.
- Carry out other building maintenance activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Job Closing Date 23 November 2021
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again.