The University of the Western Cape is looking for Administrative Officer: Research Funds Administration full-time employment Main Campus – Bellville, WC ZA (Primary).
Key Performance Areas
The University of the Western Cape has emerged in the past 10 years as a leading research-intensive university on the African continent. This has been achieved through significant growth in the graduation of Masters and Doctoral students and research publication outputs; the establishment of research niche areas including centres and institutes; the hosting of 17 SA Research Chairs; primary hosting of a DST/NRF Centre of Excellence in Food Security; and a comprehensive staff development programme.
The Research Development Office offers a range of support to the UWC Research Community. An Administrative Officer position is currently available for an appointment at the Research Office. The Administrative officer is responsible for Financial administration of internal funding mechanisms, Administration of postdoctoral fellowships including administrative support to the office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Financial administration of publication fees, Senate Research Funding, UWC Incentive Funding, International Conference Funding and other internal funding linked to Research Office
- Responsible for monitoring budget Financial reporting on departmental entities
- Administration of enrolment and contracts of postdoctoral fellows including query management around the enrolment and contracts of postdoctoral fellowships.
- Assistance with preparation of the annual report for the Department of Higher Education and Training
- Assistance with preparation of ad-hoc reports including database and information management
- Senior Certificate/ Matric Certificate or Equivalent qualification at NQF Level 4
- Minimum of 3- 5 years’ relevant funding administration experience within the Higher Education Sector
(skills, knowledge and behavioural attributes):
- Demonstrated effective communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic financial administration skills
- Excellent knowledge of Higher Education Institution policies, structures and procedures, particularly for financial management
- Project administration skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and without supervision
- Time management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills e.g. MS Office Package
- Preferably experience with InforLN
- Planning and organization skills
- Demonstrate self-leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 24/1/2021
In your application, you are encouraged to highlight your strengths and also include anything else that you feel may be pertinent to the selection panel. Please attach your covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and highest qualification to your online profile. To be considered for this vacancy, you must click on the Apply for this Job link below or apply directly via UWC Careers at https://uwc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll. For any queries, please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756.
Thanks for visitng ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again