ROBBEN ISLAND APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME 2020/2021
ROBBEN ISLAND MUSEUM maritime apprenticeship engineering programme for 6 candidates and the stipend of R70 715.00 per annum 24-60 months. The position is available for ferry operation department at ROBBEN ISLAND MUSEUM.
The main aim of this apprenticeship is to provide onboard training to South African cadets who wish to start a career in port operations.
The engineering cadets will be expected to make sure the timeous completion of their training and record books and ultimately qualify as Chief Engineer Port Operations.
Experience, Technical Skills & Core Competencies
- Curriculum Vitae with covering letter;
- Certified copy of your South African ID;
- Good health conditions;
- Copy of your Matric certificate;
- Minimum of all S3 subjects in Marine Engineering (preference may be given to candidates who completed the National Diploma: Marine Engineering) Copy of final results to be provided.
- Preference will be given to unemployed and people with the previous sea-going experience.
- Fluent in English, written and oral;
Duties and Responsibilities:
Attend all training sessions and practicals ;
To finish the training record books in the given time;
Make use of all opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of all equipment on board the vessels and shipboard routine;
have obtained the Chief <750kW and/or Chief Port Operations Unlimited qualification in the stipulated time frame.
Help with repair and maintenance activities as required by supervisor;
send a detailed CV, with certified copies of your ID and qualification(s) as well as contactable & traceable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: 10 January 2020
If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note your attachment should not exceed 10MB:
THANKS FOR VISITING ZA JOBS PORTAL AND PLEASE CALL AGAIN.