GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION is looking for 1277 candidates to help the department during the examinations and marking of matric papers, The candidates will work as Quality Assurers. The posts are available in the directorate of examinations management.
An appropriate recognised Academic qualification: Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate Vocational. Only registered students at tertiary institutions, unemployed persons with one or more tertiary qualifications and unemployed graduates may apply. Applicants must possess advanced numerical skills with Mathematics or Accounting as a compulsory subject. Second-year and above tertiary students will be advantaged. Please indicate previous experience in examinations administration as an Examination Assistant [ Marking Centre or Office based]. The nature of the work is linked to tight deadlines and thus requires that the successful candidate be able to work under pressure.
Quality Assurer at Marking Centres duties
- Receive control and distribute scripts to marking teams.
- Ensure the correct number of scripts and mark sheets per batch during marking.
- Assist with controlling, distribution and scanning of scripts.
- Ensure all questions are marked, marks added correctly and correctly transferred to the front cover of the script.
- Ensure that the total on each script is correct and correctly transferred to the mark sheet.
- Ensure that discrepancies regarding all the above are addressed by the marking teams and amendments effected accordingly on both the script and mark sheet.
- Reconcile the number of scripts, control and arrange scripts per subject, paper, numerically for indexed archival after marking.
HOW TO APPLY
Email Address: ExamAssistants@gauteng.gov.za below check the reference number of the center you wish to be placed at when you are selected.
Telephone Number: 010 601 8082
Enquiries: Mr Harry Culling
CENTER REFERENCE NUMBERS
- GAUN21 Gauteng North
- TSHS21 Tshwane South
- TSHW21 Tshwane West
- TSHN21 Tshwane North
- GAUW21 Gauteng West
- JHBW21 Johannesburg West
- JHBE21 Johannesburg East
- JHBC21 Johannesburg Central
- JHBS21 Johannesburg South
- JHBN21 Johannesburg North
- EKRS21 Ekurhuleni South
- EKRN21 Ekurhuleni North
- GAUE21 Gauteng East
- SEDI21 Sedibeng East and West
Notes: Persons writing National Senior Certificate /Senior Certificate and AET Examinations in 2021, persons who have taken the VSP and persons employed elsewhere may NOT apply and will not be considered.
Closing Date:18 September 2021
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again.