The Department of health at Helen Joseph Hospital in Gauteng is looking for candidates to submit their CV’s for linen work available in the hospital.
The relevant reference number on the title must be quoted correctly and the title of the job (LINEN WORKERS)
- Directorate: Support Services
- Number of posts: 10
- Package : R 102,534.00- 120,780.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries: Ms. G.T Simba Tel No: (011) 489 0074
- Minimum of Grade 10 / or ABET or equivalent.
- Ability to do physical labour.
- Ability to liaise with all stakeholders.
- Team player and knowledge of government policies.
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
Store, stock and issue or distribute bed linen and uniforms in the hospital. Collect, receive and segregate, count, and a record number of items of soiled linen and uniforms for repair or laundry and place items in containers. Examine laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability. Stamp items with identifying marks.
Store laundered items on shelves, after verifying numbers and types of items. Count and assemble laundered items on cart or linen truck, record amounts of linens and uniforms to fill requisitions, and transports carts to floors. Conduct monthly and yearly inventories to identify items for replacement. Keep linen room in clean and orderly condition. Mend torn articles with needle and thread or sewing machine or send articles to Sewer, Linen room. Execute all legal instructions by the Supervisor / Management.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be hand-delivered to the Human Resource department, Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Basement, Johannesburg. (There is also a dedicated box at the hospital entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance). Alternatively, applications can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resource department.
Closing Date: 05-09-2021
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again