- Job Title-Handyman
- Company-Cola Beverages South Africa
- Job Type-Permanent
- Location-Country South Africa
- Location-Province Gauteng
- Location-Town / City Midrand
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Engineering department. We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Handyman that will be based in CCBSA Midrand.
The successful candidate will report directly to Team Leader: Site. KEY PURPOSE To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair site-related equipment proactively including building maintenance, painting, and general repairs as per maintenance schedules.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools and reassemble equipment.
- Perform Routine Preventative maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently and the physical conditions of a building do not deteriorate.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrench Maintain ablution facilities
- Assemble, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment. • Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodworks, plaster drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures such as sheds and outbuildings.
Skills, Experience & Education
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Equipment Maintenance – perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing – repairing machines or systems using the needed tools. • Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Good understanding of plumbing systems and repairs.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. • Equipment Selections – Planning a critical part of task execution with correct tools.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
- Coordination – adjusting actions in relation to other’s action.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A trade qualification (e.g. carpentry, painting, building, and plumbing) will be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years proven experience as a tiller, painter, plumber or carpenter and from a construction background.
- Oral communication in English.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Use of hand and power tools.
- Drivers license.
HOW TO APPLY
closing date: 2021/06/29
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again