The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is a metropolitan municipality that manages the local governance of Johannesburg, South Africa. It is divided into several branches and departments to expedite services for the city.
We are looking for a fit, strong general laborer to perform a variety of physical tasks. General laborers’ responsibilities include receiving goods, performing construction site duties, and operating construction vehicles.
To be successful as a general laborer you must be able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require stamina and an eagerness to learn on the job. A good general laborer can understand instructions and carry them out efficiently within the given deadline.
General Laborer Responsibilities:
- Operate construction vehicles.
- Use power tools.
- Haul goods from the receiving area.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
General Laborer Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Stamina and strength to perform manual labor.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination skills.
To ensure success you need the ability to follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants are hard-working, focused and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
Warehouse Worker Responsibilities:
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness and safety of work environment.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Accepting delivery of inventory.
- Counting and confirming inventory.
- Inspecting inventory for damage and faults.
- Communicating errors to relevant parties.
- Marking and labeling stock.
- Storing inventory in accessible manner.
- Loading and wrapping stock on pallets.
- Building loads with forklift and electronic pallet jack.
Warehouse Worker Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Work experience as general laborer, preferably in warehouse.
- Ability to operate forklift proficiently.
- Completion of background investigation and drug screening.
- Strong people skills.
- Good moral character.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions.
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance.
- Available to work extended hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again.