Conceptualize and develop world-class VM communication across all areas of the WW brand including graphics/windows and in-store. (Seasonal Fashion and food, special occasions, and campaigns.) To link in and support ATL and 360 campaigns where needed.
Design thinking and direction
Develop thinking within the VM studio team and provide creative input. Design creative and conceptualize for Woolworths Marketing and communication across relevant portfolios, with particular focus and emphasis on 3D design/VM.
Act as an ambassador for the Woolworths Agency and Marketing by building relationships with Product groups through the delivery of world-class design. Collaborate/work with the ATL Copywriters/ Art Directors, Designers, and VM Creative managers when required.
Responsible for seeing the idea through the creative process to final sign off. Be able to follow briefs and given direction once decide on.
Industry: FMCG & Supply Management
Job Category: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale, and Supply Chain
Location: Cape Town
Remuneration: Market Related
Innovation in design
- Be consistent, innovative, and fresh in VM design delivery
- Help build credibility in VM creative by constantly pushing quality and innovation in the delivery of VM projects i.e. 3D or photographic
- Identify and realize design opportunities to ensure that Woolworths is ahead of the game, both locally and on a global perspective in the design world.
- Deliver world-class sustainable VM 3D and graphics creative design.
- At times be able to work without supervision.
- Think innovation and sustainability
- Help build strong networks internally (with ATL agency/VM production/ VM Traffic) as well as within the local design industry.
- Understand the Woolworths business strategy and translate this into design
- Shoppability of design: Understand and instill commercial mindfulness through designing concepts that sell
- Deliver design that is on budget and of high quality
- Ensure compliance of creative material to corporate identity
People Management/Creative Guidance
- Guide more juniors designers if and when necessary.
- Assist other designers if and when necessary.
Project Delivery (Photography/in-store graphics)
- Be involved in photoshoots where applicable, through pre-production and post-production
- Ensure consistency and 360 integration of art direction/concepts in all other parties
- Ensure Agency CD / VM Creative Lead reviews direction/ photographer/stylist choice etc. before shoot
Project Delivery (VM windows/in-store)
- In collaboration with VM Creative Lead, develop and conceptualize VM window/ in-store concepts for seasonal food and fashion, special occasions, and campaigns
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure world-class execution
- Push concepts with creative teams/ VM Creative Lead
- Share/collaborate VM work with ATL teams/ ATL CD and gain input where required
- Ensure VM creative sign off by Head of VM
- Participate in the execution of window concept
- Present creative work to VM team, ATL agency, Clients, etc.
- Maintain awareness of VM, design, retail, and marketing industry trends and up-to-date knowledge of the communications mix
- Understand Woolworth’s position in the marketplace relative to its competitors and provide leadership in the VM design field
- Do VM-specific trend research through the web and interaction with internal trend departments.
Technical Skills / Experience:
- Relevant diploma or degree in Design.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Advertising and Agency experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to translate strategy into the design and evaluate creative work and drive creative implementation.
- Passion for retail/VM/marketing.
- Creative Awards is a plus.
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding across all elements of design.
- Highly proficient in the Adobe Suite of programs including InDesign, Photoshop.
- Being skilled in 3D programs is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of local and international leading-edge design trends.
- Strong communication, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt behavior or communication style to reach the desired outcome.
- Conflict management.
- Team player.
- Business acumen: demonstrates commercial acumen as well as an understanding of the macroeconomic environment.
- Persuasiveness / Influencing ability.
- Drive and resilience.
- Attention to detail with high levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Time management.
- Be flexible, where applicable to work over weekends and after hours.
- Ability to multi-task.
HOW TO APPLY
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please call again.