Sanparks Unarmed Environmental Monitors (11 positions)
location:Table Mountain National Park
Vacancies currently exist for 11 Unarmed Environmental Monitors within Table Mountain National Park to be based at various sections. The above-stated positions are on a fixed-term contract up to the end of March 2022.
The total remuneration package is a basic salary as per the Expanded Public Works Programme rates of R208.00 per day. The successful candidate will have to provide their accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the Park.
- Matric/Grade 12/NCV level 4
- Aged between 18 – 35 years
- Language proficiency in English and any other local language
- Preference will be given to applicants of local communities
- Clear Criminal Record
- Basic Computer Competency (MS Word, Excel)
- Passing of fitness trial which includes: (dependent on the deployment activities)
- 2,4 km run in 12 minutes or less
- Ability to do 30 pushups and 30 sit-ups in under a minute
- Successful candidates are then granted an interview
- Successfully candidate will have to undergo medical fitness through a Medical Practitioner
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays with occasional overtime
- Assist with natural resources management – including the implementation and monitoring of indigenous and invasive fauna and flora projects, soil erosion and rehabilitation management systems.
- Provide assistance with monitoring and recording of resource management & in-field data.
- Provide assistance with monitoring the progress, standard and quality of work for the EPWP contracting teams.
- Assist with in-field verifications, mapping, and density estimations and species identification.
- Assist with stock and asset management.
- General administration – including filing, completion of timesheets, logbooks and reports.
- Assist with assessments of all standards and procedures and ensuring compliance by the relevant contractors.
- Assist with People and Conservation programs and initiatives as well as the provision of extension service to Park neighbours including environmental education.
- Assist with the management of tools, equipment, vehicles and infrastructure.
- Participation in regular patrols (foot, vehicle), applying and administering environmental legislation regulations within the boundaries of the Park, regulation of visitorsâ behaviour and incident recording, interpretation and dissemination of information.
- Assist with general maintenance of park infrastructure and terrain
- Assist with fire management – including fighting wildfires, prescribed burns and fireproofing of the park boundary.
HOW TO APPLY
Barbara/Brenda on 021 712 0527
Applications that have not been responded to within 21 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL please please call again.