Pick n Pay Stores Limited engages in the retail industry on the African continent via its subsidiaries and partners.
Pick & Pay is the ideal family shop that places a premium on customer service. The Ackerman family’s concept has developed and extended since 1967, when consumer advocate Raymond Ackerman acquired the first few shops, to today include locations across South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique, Mauritius, Swaziland, and Lesotho. Pick & Pay also has a 49 percent stake in TM Supermarkets, a Zimbabwean grocery chain.
Our customer service concentration is on groceries, apparel, and general products, but we also provide other value-added services to meet our client’s changing requirements and expectations. The Group runs several store formats, both franchised and owned, to guarantee a convenient and accessible shopping experience.
The Group’s primary emphasis over the last five years has been to develop its strong South African retail operations under the Pick n Pay and Boxer brands, while also taking a methodical strategy to grow into adjacent sectors, including geographic expansion throughout the African continent.
As a prominent retailer in Africa, the Group aims to solve socio-economic issues by offering high-quality, cheap food to all consumers while also creating substantial job and economic possibilities across its value chain.
COMPANY ENDURING VALUE
Pick n Pay is a much-loved brand, valued within society, built on a genuine desire to make life better for our customers and to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we live and work. Our strong and unique family values have guided the business for more than 50 years, providing a solid foundation for growth, innovation, service excellence, and generosity.
JOBS OFFERS PICK N PAY HAVE
Pick n Pay I have a variety of jobs categories that you can stand a chance to submit your CVs. Most of the jobs require a minimum of grade 12 to qualify to submit your CVs. Jobs that Pick n Pay offers Administration, buying, clothing, commercial, finance, food technology, general merchandise, HR, IT, Internal Communication, Marketing, Market Store, Operational.
What are common Requirements of Pick n Pay Jobs Offers?
- Minimum Requirements Sound Numeracy skills and knowledge of retail industry 2- 3 years retail experience an added advantage.
- Must be able to pass the Trainee Numeracy Screening test at the required level
- Must be successful in at least 2 competency-based interviews
- Must be flexible and willing to be transferred between stores
- Must be willing to give authorization for a full credit and criminal check
- Must be Matriculated (attach a certified copy to application)
- Must have a valid South African ID (attach a copy to application)
- Must have a valid Driver’s license code 08 (attach certified copy of license).
Note that is the example of the requirements that of the jobs that Pick n Pay requires for you to send the application, we will provide the information at the end of this post on how to submit and search for the job that you qualify at Pick n Pay.
What is common Duties and responsibilities at Pick n Pay?
- Ensure that hygiene, housekeeping, and safe working standards are maintained (floor and backup)
- Ensure that security procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that merchandise/display standards are adhered to
- Conduct regular quality checks, ensure that stock is rotated.
- Damaged/expired stock is removed.
- Prevent wastage/shrinkage/damages Check correct pricing e.g. labels.
- Ensure that all administration is completed accurately and timeously
- Analyze, maintain and update relevant information/documentation, take required action when necessary.
- Plan and implement sales promotions.
- Approach and advise customers on the product, listen to customers’ requests, provide the required product or services.
- Monitor budgets and take the required action.
- Analyze the profitability of the department, make recommendations or take required actions.
- Optimize stock levels e.g. always in stock, never overstocked through effective ordering.
- Manage employees to ensure standards are maintained by competent, motivated employees.
The Expected Competencies
Monitor and develop others’ performance. Acknowledges good performance, confronts and corrects poor performance Solves new/unfamiliar problems by generating workable solutions Ability to identify/priorities urgent matters and attend to them immediately Ability to influence confidently, firmly, and fairly. Attention to detail. Building relationships and promoting teamwork Be able to communicate effectively at all levels Results orientated.
HOW TO APPLY AND JOB SEARCH
Pick n Pay has various jobs available for you to apply, you can visit the pick n pay job portal where you will find the list of jobs that are available, then check them one by one attentively try to find the one that you meet the minimum requirements. If you don’t meet the requirements kindly don’t submit your CVs.
Thanks for visiting ZA JOBS PORTAL kindly call again for more jobs information.